Handcrawler Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:32:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Update - multiple new filters added.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to Handcrawler!  (Read 51433 times)
Daniel

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 04:52:48 AM »

1.  I am working on this and will try to warn people to give more broad matches.  I'll also add stickiness to the original search factors.

Any progress on adding stickiness?

Poker Notes's search button is almost useless without stickiness, since the queries it generates are virtually always too specific.

z28dreams
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 01:42:25 PM »

1.  I am working on this and will try to warn people to give more broad matches.  I'll also add stickiness to the original search factors.

Poker Notes's search button is almost useless without stickiness, since the queries it generates are virtually always too specific.

Daniel,

I've been pretty busy with my normal 9-6 job, but I'll take a shot at it this weekend.
Daniel

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2008, 01:07:04 AM »

I've been pretty busy with my normal 9-6 job, but I'll take a shot at it this weekend.

Anything I can do to help push this along?  I'd be willing to sign an NDA and help out with your code to get this feature. Smiley

mike

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 04:36:27 PM »

howdy -

I haven't been playing too much but when I do I still use your genius idea web site  Smiley  but I take it not many others are?  the scanned hand count hasn't changed from ~38k for a while (just curious).

anyway, thanks for keeping the site up
z28dreams
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 10:11:06 AM »

howdy -

I haven't been playing too much but when I do I still use your genius idea web site  Smiley  but I take it not many others are?  the scanned hand count hasn't changed from ~38k for a while (just curious).

anyway, thanks for keeping the site up

Ya, unfortunately I've been pretty busy at my regular 9-6 job.  I plan on updating my code to start crawling sites again.  We're getting a few hundred visitors a month, but nothing drastic.

Please tell your friends!  I hope you find it useful.
mush

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2009, 02:04:41 AM »

Do you need any ideas on how to boost visitors to the site?

I'm assuming you've done all the basic SEO stuff like google sitemap etc.

You should change your 2p2 location from spammer to handcrawler.com, and add the URL to the homepage on your profile (you're pooh-bah - that's a lot of respect there!)
Start a blog on the site - this really boosts content which brings new visitors through google search etc.

A complicated but powerful way would be to create a vBulletin plugin that uses your search - forums like 2p2 can add the search in at the click of a button. The results could (should) still be shown on their site, but a link like 'Results by Handcrawler.com' is all that's needed. Weaktight.com and deucescracked.com get a ton of traffic just because of their hand converters in this way.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 02:06:36 AM by mush » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: